- Steven J. Erffmeyer
- Senior Associate
- Co-Chair - Insurance Coverage
- Minneapolis, Minnesota
- 612-375-5945 direct dial
- 612-339-7655 fax
Steve concentrates his practice in commercial and residential construction litigation, general liability litigation, railroad liability, and insurance coverage. Clients turn to Steve for his zealous advocacy and his ability to address their specific needs.
Steve’s construction practice involves representing national, regional, and local contractors, subcontractors, developers, and architects. He counsels them in construction disputes, such as construction defect litigation, construction site accidents, and indemnity and risk transfer issues.
Within his liability and insurance coverage practices, Steve represents manufacturers and distributors in product liability litigation, railroad companies in FELA claims, and others in premises liability and tort actions. Steve handles a wide variety of personal injury, catastrophic loss, and complex litigation lawsuits. Moreover, insurers turn to Steve for guidance on insurance coverage questions, pursuing declaratory judgment actions, and providing analysis of their policies.
Clients count on Steve’s aptitude to listen, analyze their situation, and develop a cost effective litigation strategy – whether it be an early resolution, trial, or appeal.
- "Coverage/Legislative Update," Minnesota Construction Law Seminar, Arthur, Chapman, Kettering, Smetak & Pikala, P.A., October 2016
- “Coverage Issues in Construction Defect Claims,” “Insurance Coverage: A Panel Discussion,” Commercial Insurance Coverage Seminar, Arthur, Chapman, Kettering, Smetak & Pikala, P.A., May 2016
- “Insurance Coverage: A Panel Discussion,” Commercial Insurance Coverage Seminar, Arthur, Chapman, Kettering, Smetak & Pikala, P.A., May 2015
- “Coverage Issues in Construction Defect Claims: New and Scintillating Details,” Commercial Insurance Coverage Seminar, Arthur, Chapman, Kettering, Smetak & Pikala, P.A., May 2014
AV® Preeminent™ Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating
Rising Star® by Minnesota Law & Politics Magazine
DePaul University College of Law, J.D., 1997
Calvin College, B.A., 1994
U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota, 2005
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan, 2001
U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan, 1998
U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit, 2001
Professional Associations and Memberships
Michigan State Bar Association
Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association
Minnesota State Bar Association
National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel